The steps to joining our club are :
1) Come along to a club night and play a few games with us to see if we’re a good fit for you (see here for venue info)
2) Once you’ve played a night with us you can decide if you want to join as a member or play as a casual.
3) If you want to join as a member, fill out the membership form below and pay the applicable fee.
2023 Membership fees
|Premium||$240||Unlimited play for the entire season|
|Standard||$130||You get 24 credits for the season.|
Thursdays (Rangi) cost 1 credit and Tuesdays (Zhu) cost 2 credits.
So you may attend Tuesdays or Thursdays and credits will be automatically deducted through our software.
If you use all your credits you may continue playing at a rate of $5 per Thursday and $10 per Tuesday.
2023 Casual rates
|Tuesdays @ Zhu||$13|
|Thursdays @ Rangi||$8|
Which membership type is best for me?
If you usually play just Thursdays, or if you want to join part-way through the season, then the standard membership may be better value.
We play with feather shuttles at Zhu on Tuesdays, and plastic shuttles at Rangi on Thursdays. Also Zhu hall hire costs are higher.
Can I upgrade from Standard to Premium membership?
Please contact the committee to discuss.
– Senior Club play on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, good value for money compared to casual rates.
– Entry to Interclub and Badminton Canterbury tournaments (some tournaments require you to be a member of an affiliated club)
– Lower court hire rate at Badminton Canterbury’s hall at 220 Pages Road (just let them know you are a member of Fendalton Club)
– Entry to our annual Club Champs tournament
The preferred method for membership fee payment is direct debit via internet banking.
Please include your full name in the payment reference.
Our account details are:
Fendalton Badminton Club
11 7800 0077315 11
Please note all members are bound by the terms of our club Constitution which you can view here :
Fendalton Badminton Club Constitution 2022